Updated September 14, 2017
Tweateries (hereinafter the “App”) provides a fun and easy way to explore food and drink offerings and specials from your local restaurants. You can easily browse a feed of Twitter and Instagram posts from restaurants around you and access information on their hours of service, location, previous posts and more. Tweateries also allows you to search the content of these posts.
1. Information we collect
- In order for you to access the feed of posts from restaurants near you, you must share your location, which the App prompts you to do. You will also have an option to allow the App to show push notifications. Push notifications are used to notify you when restaurants you have favorited have new posts. We may also use your location data to send you push notifications which are relevant to your location. If you choose to enable push notifications, we will periodically store your location data and a unique mobile device identifier.
- We use industry standard third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the App. These tools collect information sent by your device including the posts that you click on, the searches that you conduct, the amount of time that you spend in the App, unique device identifiers, and other information that assists us in improving the App.
- The servers used by the App also record certain log file information which is automatically generated every time you open the App. The type of information that the servers record includes, but is not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the information noted in (a) and (b) above.
2. What we do with the information
We may use the information collected to understand certain metrics like the number of daily and monthly active users, their location and patterns of use. We may also use the information to help us improve the user experience of the App, to fix technical problems and to automatically update the App on your device. Unless required to by law or legal process, we do not connect IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
3. Sharing of information
We will not share your information with law enforcement authorities unless required to by governing law. We retain the right to disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not personally identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose aggregated and non-personally identifying information to employees, consultants and agents who have a legitimate need to know for the purpose of fixing or improving the App and monitoring and improving the security of our server/network. We may also disclose this information when necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the App, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of integrity and/or fraud protection, or when disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights, including intellectual property rights.
4. How we store your information
Your information is stored on servers used by the App. We do our best to make sure that this data is stored securely. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot completely guarantee the security of the server. We will periodically delete log file information held on the server.
5. Privacy of persons under 13
The App is not directed at persons under the age of 13 and we are not knowingly collecting data from persons under 13. If we learn that we have collected information from persons under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that data as soon as possible. Please contact us if you believe we have collected such information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org